Skirpenbeck is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated 2 miles (3.2 km) northwest of Stamford Bridge just north of the A166 road. According to the 2011 UK census, Skirpenbeck parish had a population of 192, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 142.
The parish church of St Mary's is a Grade II* listed building.
Skirpenbeck was originally an ancient parish in Buckrose Wapentake in the East Riding of Yorkshire. In 1866 the status of civil parish was introduced and this was taken on by most ancient parishes and also by their subsidiary townships if they were of any size at all. In 1866 Skirpenbeck, which had no townships, became a civil parish. In 1894 it became part of the Pocklington Rural District of the East Riding.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.