- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Sicklinghall is a village and civil parish in North Yorkshire, England that is situated between the [[Place:Wetherby, West Riding of Yorkshire, England|town of Wetherby (3 miles (5 km) to the east) and the village of Kirkby Overblow. In 2007 the population was recorded as 300.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Sicklinghall. For those interested in horses.
Historically, Sicklinghall was in the ecclesiastical parish of Kirkby Overblow in the Upper division of the Claro Wapentake. From 1894 until 1974, Sicklinghall was located in Wetherby Rural District. In 1974 the area became part of the Harrogate District of North Yorkshire.
- GENUKI on Sicklinghall. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Kirkby Overblow provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Sicklinghall.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to maps of the West Riding, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. Those listed here provide data for the part of the West Riding that transferred to North Yorkshire in 1974 plus the northern parts of Leeds and Bradford. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1888. The "Sanitary Districts (which preceded the rural districts) for the whole of the West Riding.
- Ordnance Survey Northern part of the West Riding 1900 The rural and urban districts, not long after their introduction. (rural districts of Sedbergh, Settle, Skipton, Pateley Bridge, Ripon, Knaresborough, Great Ouseburn, Clitheroe, Wharfedale, Wetherby, York, Bishopthorpe, Keighley, the northern part of Bradford, the northern part of Leeds, the northern part of Hunslet Urban District, the northern part of Tadcaster Rural District, the northern part of Selby Rural District)
- Ordnance Survey Northern part of the West Riding 1944. The urban and rural districts of the northern part of the West Riding (mostly Settle, Skipton, Ripon and Pateley Bridge, and Nidderdale, with sections of Wharfedale and Wetherby) after the revisions of 1935.
- Ordnance Survey Southern part of the West Riding 1944 shows the southern part of the West Riding (including the southern part of Wetherby Rural District).