Shettleston is a district in the east end of Glasgow in Scotland. Like many of the city's districts, Shettleston was originally a small village on its outer edge. Today Shettleston lies between the neighbouring districts of Parkhead to the west, and Baillieston to the east, and is about 2 and a half miles from the city centre. It incorporates the sub-districts of Greenfield and Sandyhills. The area is well served by public transport, lying on the key A89 road, and has a railway station on the North Clyde Line of the ScotRail local railway network, with a direct link to Queen Street station in Central Glasgow. It once was linked to Hamilton by the North British Railway, but this line has long since been shut.
Shettleston has a number of churches of all denominations, the largest of which is Shettleston Old Parish on Killin Street (Church of Scotland).
From Scottish Places
Shettleston was Registration District 622-3 from 1855-1874 and Registration District 622-2 from 1874-1900.
Refer to the Parish of Glasgow