Despite being a small village of around 100 people, there is a primary school, a Church of England church and a local post office, as well as a playing field with football goals and a children's playground. The church parish has a population of about 700 people, however it reached 1019 people in 1850, when the Duke of Sutherland owned most of it.
The 2007 Tour of Britain bike race passed through the village on the first of September as part of the Wolverhampton to Birmingham stage.
The main farm within the village, Meadow Farm, was a predominantly dairy farm, but has been subsequently converted into an arable farm. It is also the centre for a point to point yard.