Shenington is a village about 5 miles (8 km) west of Banbury. It was an exclave of Gloucestershire until the Counties (Detached Parts) Act 1844 transferred it to Oxfordshire in 1844. Shenington is also on Oxfordshire's boundary with Warwickshire.
Wikipedia summarizes the ownership of Shennington Manor from 1194 through 1420 when it was owned by a number of people with links to the monarchs of the Plantagenet period.
Research Tips for Oxfordshire