A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Shelton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
As can be seen by the above quotation, even in 1870 there were links between Shelton and Hardwick. In 1935 Hardwick was abolished as a civil parish and absorbed into Shelton. With the alteration to municipal structure in 1974, the combined parish was renamed Shelton and Hardwick. This is the parish that Wikipedia describes below:
Shelton and Hardwick is a civil parish in the South Norfolk District of Norfolk, made up of the villages of Shelton and Hardwick. It lies about 3 km south-east of Long Stratton, about 6 km north of Harleston and 10 km west of Bungay. It covers an area of 8.90 km2 (3.44 sq mi) and had a population of 283 in 107 households at the 2001 UK census, increasing the population at the 2011 UK census to 298.
Hardwick has a church (which is famous locally for its ruined tower), as well as several farms and a substantial amount of housing. It was also home to a Royal Air Force airfield, which was used by the United States Army Air Forces during World War II.