- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Shellow Bowells is a village and former civil parish in Essex, England. Since 1946 it has been part of the civil parish of Willingale.
It is located 6 miles (9.6km) to the west of Chelmsford, between the villages of Willingale on its westerly border and Roxwell to the east.
The parish was part of the Ongar Rural District from 1894 until 1946. Following its absorption into Willigale it continued to be in the area of Ongar Rural District. When Ongar Rural District was abolished in 1955 Willingale joined Epping and Ongar Rural District until 1974 and, since 1974, has been located in the Epping Forest District of Essex.
Categories: Essex, England | Shellow Bowells, Essex, England | Ongar Rural, Essex, England | Willingale, Essex, England | Epping and Ongar Rural, Essex, England | Epping Forest (district), Essex, England