- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Shelley is a small urban settlement in the Ongar civil parish of the Epping Forest District, in the English county of Essex.
It is located on the B184 road, and is contiguous with the small town of Chipping Ongar.
The original parish of Shelley was situated slightly to the north around St. Peter's Church.
The civil parish was part of the Ongar Rural District from 1894 until 1955, the Epping and Ongar Rural District from 1955 to 1965, when it was absorbed into Ongar. Since 1974 the area has been covered by the Epping Forest District of Essex.
Categories: Essex, England | Shelley, Essex, England | Ongar Rural, Essex, England | Epping and Ongar Rural, Essex, England | Ongar, Essex, England | Epping Forest (district), Essex, England