Place:Shelley, Essex, England

Alt namesSenleiasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 105
TypeCivil parish
Coordinates51.733°N 0.25°E
Located inEssex, England
See alsoOngar Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1955
Epping and Ongar Rural, Essex, England|rural district of which it was part 1955-1965
Ongar, Essex, Englandcivil parish into which it was absorbed in 1965
Epping Forest (district), Essex, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Shelley is a small urban settlement in the Ongar civil parish of the Epping Forest District, in the English county of Essex.

It is located on the B184 road, and is contiguous with the small town of Chipping Ongar.

The original parish of Shelley was situated slightly to the north around St. Peter's Church.

The civil parish was part of the Ongar Rural District from 1894 until 1955, the Epping and Ongar Rural District from 1955 to 1965, when it was absorbed into Ongar. Since 1974 the area has been covered by the Epping Forest District of Essex.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Shelley. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.