|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Finchdean Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Petersfield Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Petersfield, Hampshire, England||urban district into which it was partly absorbed in 1932|
|Steep, Hampshire, England||civil parish into which it was partly absorbed in 1932|
|East Hampshire District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
|NOTE: The parishes of Sheet and Steep are located quite close together, but should not be confused.|
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Sheet from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "SHEET, a tything in Petersfield parish, Hants; on the river Rother, 1 mile N E of Petersfield. It has a post-office under Petersfield. Acres: 1,549. Real property: £2,970. Population: 484. Houses: 107."
It is 1.1 miles (1.8 km) northeast of Petersfield, just off the A3 road in the East Hampshire District. Sheet, which had been part of Petersfield Rural District, was abolished in 1932 and divided between Petersfield and Steep.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Sheet, Hampshire, England | Finchdean Hundred, Hampshire, England | Petersfield Rural, Hampshire, England | Petersfield, Hampshire, England | Steep, Hampshire, England | East Hampshire District, Hampshire, England