|Alt names||Selbys-Forest||source: alternate spelling|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Kirknewton, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Glendale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Glendale Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Earle, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Selbys Forest from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "SELBYS-FOREST, a township in Kirknewton parish, Northumberland; 7½ miles S W of Wooler. Acres: 11,853. Population: 55. Houses: 9. The surface is a region of moors and mountains, and includes the central Cheviot.
Selbys Forest was a township in the ancient parish of Kirknewton and became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1974 the parish was part of Glendale Rural District. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed into the parish of Earle.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Selbys Forest, Northumberland, England | Glendale Ward, Northumberland, England | Kirknewton, Northumberland, England | Glendale Rural, Northumberland, England | Earle, Northumberland, England