Sarsden House is a country house, rebuilt in 1689 after it was damaged by fire. In 1795 Humphry Repton (1752-1818) landscaped the park, adding a serpentine lake and a Doric temple. In about 1825 Repton's son, the architect G. S. Repton (died 1858), remodelled the house for James Langston.
The Church of England parish church of Saint James was rebuilt in 1760. G. S. Repton added a cruciform extension to the east in 1823. In 1896 the architect Walter Mills of Banbury remodelled the north transept and added the bellcote.