Village of Sarahsville
Sarahsville is an incorporated village situated near Buffalo Creek in the northwest part of the township of Center, county of Noble, state of Ohio, United States of America. The village was in Noble Township and Morgan County, close to the Monroe County border, until 1851 when Noble County was erected and Noble Township lost two eastern tiers of sections to the newly erected Center Township.
Sarahsville was surveyed and platted 19 June 1829, by Benjamin Thorla, for the proprietors, John Devolld and Ezekiel Bates, and the plat was recorded in Morgan County, 28 Sept. 1829. The village was named by John Devolld in honor of his wife.
The Saysville Post Office was established on 31 March 1828, and its name was changed to Sarahsville P.O. on 12 June 1940.
In 1851, Sarahsville became the county seat of the newly formed Noble County. After a vote was held in 1854, the county seat was removed to Caldwell. Immediately the village began to decline in population, but it remained a good business place, and its merchants probably transacted a greater amount of business than those of Caldwell until after 1871, when the building of the C. & M. Railroad further diverted business toward the county seat.