Place:Sandon, Hertfordshire, England

Alt namesRedhillsource: hamlet in parish
Sandonesource: Domesday Book (1985) p 137
Coordinates52°N 0.067°W
Located inHertfordshire, England
See alsoOdsey Hundred, Hertfordshire, Englandhundred in which it was located
Buntingford Rural, Hertfordshire, Englandrural district in which it was located 1894-1935
Hitchin Rural, Hertfordshire, Englandrural district in which it was located 1935-1974
North Hertfordshire District, Hertfordshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog
source: Family History Library Catalog

the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Sandon is a village and civil parish in the North Hertfordshire District of Hertfordshire, England near the towns of Baldock and Buntingford. Sandon's church is dedicated to All Saints.

The parish of Sandon geographically contains the hamlet of Redhill (redirected here). However, the hamlet has spread out in recent times into the neighbouring parishes of Rushden and Wallington. The Post Office considers it to be in Rushden.

The eastern part of the Icknield Way Path passes through the village on its 110 mile journey from Ivinghoe Beacon in Buckinghamshire to Knettishall Heath in Suffolk. (From Ivinghoe Beacon westwards the path is known as The Ridgeway.)

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Sandon, Hertfordshire. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.