- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Sandhoe is a hamlet in Northumberland, England. It lies about 3 kilometres (2 mi) northwest of Corbridge and 3 kilometres south of Hadrian's Wall.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Sandhoe from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "SANDHOE, a township in St. John-Lee parish, Northumberland; 4 miles E N E of Hexham. Acres: 1,648. Population: 266. Houses: 44. [Sandhoe] House, a fine modern mansion, is the seat of R. Errington, Esq.; and Beaufront, a conspicuous castellated mansion, on the site of an old residence of the Carnabys, is the seat of W. Cuthbert, Esq."
Sandhoe was originally a township in the ancient parish of Lee St. John. It became a separate civil parish in 1866, and continues to hold that status.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.