Place:Sandhutton (near Thirsk), North Riding of Yorkshire, England

Watchers
NameSandhutton (near Thirsk)
Alt namesSand-Huttonsource: Family History Library Catalog
TypeVillage, Civil parish
Coordinates54.2327°N 1.41494°W
Located inNorth Riding of Yorkshire, England     ( - 1974)
Also located inYorkshire, England    
North Yorkshire, England     (1974 - )
See alsoThirsk Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, Englandrural district of which the parish was a part 1894-1974
Hambleton District, North Yorkshire, Englandadministrative district in which it has been located since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog


NOTE: There is also a village named Sand Hutton further south near the City of York, but still in the North Riding (North Yorkshire since 1974).

the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Sandhutton is a small village and civil parish in Hambleton district of North Yorkshire, England. It lies about 2 miles (3.2 km) west of Thirsk on the A167. It has been referred to as Hutton; Hutton (Sand); and Sand Hutton.

Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Sandhutton was part of Thirsk Rural District. Historically, it was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Thirsk in the Birdforth Wapentake.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Sandhutton. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.