Place:Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague, Beauharnois, Québec, Canada

Watchers
NameSaint-Louis-de-Gonzague
TypeParish
Coordinates45.21518°N 73.99309°W
Located inBeauharnois, Québec, Canada     (1855 - )
Also located inBeauharnois-Salaberry, Montérégie, Québec, Canada    

Contents

General Info

  • Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague was a parish in the historical county of Beauharnois.
  • The parish of Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague was established on 1 Jul 1855[1]
  • Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague is currently located in the Regional County Municipality of Beauharnois-Salaberry, Montérégie, Québec, Canada.[2]

Lovell's Gazetteer (1895)

  • "ST. LOUIS DE GONZAGUE, formerly GEORGETOWN, a thriving post village in Beauharnois co., Que., on the River St. Louis and on the C.A.R., 10 miles from Beauharnois, 35 miles from Montreal. It contains 1 church, 1 convent, 1 grist mill, 2 hotels and 4 stores. Pop. 1200."

Research Tips

Books

Images

Links

Sources

  1. Source:Canada, Quebec. Code Géographique Du Québec
  2. Source:Canada, Quebec. Répertoire Des Municipalités Du Québec
  3. Source:Bibliothèque nationale du Québec (BNQ), Digital Collections: Postcards
Fundraiser
Help fund new features!