Saffron Walden Rural District was a rural district in the county of Essex, England. It was created in 1894 and later enlarged by the addition of the parishes of Berden, Birchanger, Elsenham, Farnham, Henham-on-the-Hill, Manuden, Stansted Mountfitchet and Ugley from the disbanded Stansted Rural District. It was named after and administered from Saffron Walden.
Since 1 April 1974 it has formed part of the District of Uttlesford.
At the time of its dissolution it consisted of the following 31 civil parishes.