|Type||Chapelry, Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Odiham, Hampshire, England||ancient parish in which it was a chapelry|
|Odiham Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Hartley Wintney Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1974|
|Hart District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Rotherwick is a small village and civil parish in the Hart District of Hampshire. It is situated between the Whitewater and the Lyde, both tributaries of the Loddon. Rotherwick is within walking distance of Hook near Hartley Wintney.
Rotherwick was a chapelry in the ancient parish of Odiham before 1866.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4, chapter on Rotherwick.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Rotherwick, Hampshire, England | Odiham, Hampshire, England | Odiham Hundred, Hampshire, England | Hartley Wintney Rural, Hampshire, England | Hart District, Hampshire, England