The co-ords are given as a general pointing covering a very large area. It is better inspected on the Google map after clicking the "-" sign a couple of times. See the map provided by Wikipedia.
Ross-shire is an area in the Highland Council Area in Scotland. The name is now used as a geographic or cultural term, equivalent to Ross. Until 1889 the term denoted a county of Scotland, also known as the County of Ross. The county bordered on Sutherland, Cromartyshire (of which it contained many exclaves), Inverness-shire and an exclave of Nairnshire. It included most of Ross as well as Lewis in the Outer Hebrides. Dingwall was the traditional county town.
Under the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1889 Ross-shire was combined with Cromartyshire to form the single local government county of Ross and Cromarty, which continued until 1975. Ross and Cromarty was also known as Ross-shire, which was the name of the postal county which covered the mainland part of the local government county, and remained the postal county until 1996.
In 1975, Ross and Cromarty was itself replaced by the Highland region and the Western Isles, under the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973. The region became a unitary council area in 1996, under the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994.