- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Ross from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "ROSS, a township in Belford parish, Northumberland; on the coast, 3¼ miles N N E of Belford. Acres: 3,598; of which 2,098 are water. Population: 64. Houses: 10."
GENUKI's list of registration districts states that it was a detached portion of County Durham transferred to Northumberland in 1844.
Ross was a township in the parish of Belford, and has been, since 1955, part of the civil parish of Middleton.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.