Rockmart is a city in Polk County, Georgia. The population was 4,199 according to a 2010 census. Rockmart developed as a railroad depot town when the Southern Railway built a station in the area. The community was incorporated in 1872, and was named for nearby slate deposits. The Rockmart Downtown Historic District is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.