RIVER-GREEN, an extra-parochial tract in Morpeth district, Northumberland; 5¼ miles W by S of Morpeth. Acres: 480. Population: 50. Houses: 9.
River Green was an extra parochial area in no particular ancient parish within the ancient county division of Castle Ward. It became a separate civil parish in 1858. From 1894 until 1955 it was part of Morpeth Rural District. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed into the parish of Meldon.