Rigsby is listed in the 1086 Domesday Book as "Rigesbi", with 19 households and a church.
The old church of Rigsby, which was rebuilt in 1863, had a thatched roof. Today the church is a Grade II listed building of limestone dedicated to Saint James, rebuilt in 1863 by James Fowler. It retains a 14th-century octagonal font.
Rigsby Wood is a nature reserve which lies at the foot of the Lincolnshire Wolds about 1.8 miles (2.9 km) west from Alford. It is ancient woodland lying partly on chalky boulder clay and partly on glacial sands.
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Ailby is a hamlet in the East Lindsey District of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated less than 1 mile (1.6 km) north-west from Alford, and forms part of the civil parish of Rigsby with Ailby. The village does not possess a place name sign, and its only service is a small garden centre and a livery yard.
Lincolnshire is very low-lying and land had to be drained for agriculture to be successful. The larger drainage channels, many of which are parallel to each other, became boundaries between parishes. Many parishes are long and thin for this reason.
There is much fenland in Lincolnshire, particularly in the Boston and Horncastle areas. Fenlands tended to be extraparochial before the mid 1850s, and although many sections were identified with names and given the title "civil parish", little information has been found about them. Many appear to be abolished in 1906, but the parish which adopts them is not given in A Vision of Britain through Time. Note the WR category Lincolnshire Fenland Settlements which is an attempt to organize them into one list.
From 1889 until 1974 Lincolnshire was divided into three administrative counties: Parts of Holland, Parts of Kesteven and Parts of Lindsey. These formal names do not fit with modern grammatical usage, but that is what they were, nonetheless. In 1974 the northern section of Lindsey, along with the East Riding of Yorkshire, became the short-lived county of Humberside. In 1996 Humberside was abolished and the area previously in Lincolnshire was made into the two "unitary authorities" of North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire. The remainder of Lincolnshire was divided into "non-metropolitan districts" or "district municipalities" in 1974. Towns, villages and parishes are all listed under Lincolnshire, but the present-day districts are also given so that places in this large county can more easily be located and linked to their wider neighbourhoods. See the WR placepage Lincolnshire, England and the smaller divisions for further explanation.