There are two scheduled barrows 650 metres south west of Riby Grove Farm. Whilst they are no longer visible above ground, the burial remains survive inside. One is a Neolithic Long Barrow, and the other a Bronze Age bowl barrow.
A hoard of 15-20,000 bronze coins dating from Gallienus to Aurelian (AD 253-275) were found in an urn covered by a dish at Riby Wold Farm in 1953. The coins are held by the Ashmolean museum pending classification. Lincoln Museum hold another collection of 21 coins, Constantine - Gratian, (AD 305-383) thought to be only part of a hoard found at Riby.
The parish church is a grade II* listed building dedicated to Saint Edmund and dating from the 12th century with an 1868 restoration by Ferrey, and built from limestone and ironstone. The west door is late 13th century, and there is a blocked 12th century door in the north aisle. The east window records the fact that George Tomline funded the restoration, and there are several memorials to the Tomline family in the church.
On 18 June 1645, there was a civil war fight at Riby Gapp, and the parish register of Riby contains the following entries:
"Nine soldiers slaine in a skirmish in the field of Riby the day before, buried June the 19th." "Charles Skelton, a soldiour wounded in the same skirmish, buried June the 20th." "William Willoughbie a soldier wounded in the skirmish above named, buried July the 4th"
William Edward Pretyman Tomline, English politician and a member of Parliament was born at Riby. Son of George Pretyman Tomline, Bishop. He had a son "Colonel" George Tomline, also a member of Parliament and high sheriff of Lincolnshire in 1852.
Riby School was built in 1890 as Riby National school, replacing a village school built in 1848 by the Tomline family. It was known as Riby County School by 1947 and closed in 1958.