The Village of Remsen is in the southwest part of the Town of Remsen.
The Remsen Barn Festival of the Arts (FOTA) is held in late September. The first Barn Festival was in 1980. Thousands of visitors attend this yearly event on Main street.
The Mohawk, Adirondack, & Northern (MHWA) Railroad crosses the town. The Adirondack Scenic Railroad utilizes the MHWA's trackage from Utica to just north of the village, diverting onto its own trackage (former NYC Adirondack Division)
The community was first settled around 1796. The Village of Remsen was incorporated in 1845. The village possesses a historical church, Capel Cerrig, which is owned by the Remsen-Steuben Historical Society, as well as a newly restored railroad depot which is served as a flag stop by the Adirondack Scenic Railroad.