- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Ratchwood from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "RATCHWOOD, a township in Bambrough parish, Northumberland; 4½ miles S S E of Belford. Acres: 155. Population: 14. Houses: 3."
Ratchwood became part of the civil parish of Adderstone with Lucker in 1955.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.