In the 1920s, Ranger had railroad service through the since defunct Wichita Falls, Ranger, and Fort Worth Railroad, acquired by the Wichita Falls and Southern Railroad, one of the properties of Frank Kell, Joseph A. Kemp, and later Orville Bullington of Wichita Falls, Texas. The Wichita Falls and Southern was abandoned in 1954.
Ranger Antique Airfield dates back to 1911. Pilot Amelia Earhart landed at the field in 1931 in her Pitcairn Autogyro. Ranger Airfield has two grass runways: 1/19 - 3400 x 80 ft. and 17/35; 1950 x 60 ft.