Randleman is a city in Randolph County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 4,113 at the 2010 census. It is the home of NASCAR's Petty family, the Richard Petty Museum, and the Victory Junction Gang Camp.
The town was originally named Dicks for a Peter Dicks who built a mill there around 1830. Later, a cotton mill was built in Dicks, and the town was renamed Union Factory. Randleman was the next name chosen, in 1866. The town's namesake was John B. Randleman, a mill owner. The town was incorporated as Randleman Mills in 1880; the name was later changed to Randleman. The Town of Randleman History at this website  Says the Town Of Randleman was Named after John Banner Randleman in 1880.
"In 1880 the General Assembly at Raleigh granted paper of incorporation to the City of Randleman, named for John Banner Randleman. When the town of Randleman Mills was created and incorporated a town. John H. Ferree, James E. Walker, James O. Pickard, Romulus R. Ross, Addison W. Vickery, created a body politic under the style of Commissioners of the Town of Randleman Mills."
The small town thrived, and by 1890 was the largest town in Randolph County. The coming of the High Point, Randleman, Asheboro, and Southern Railroad in 1889 had greatly facilitated the growth, because roads were not good, and the railroad assured the town of quicker handling of freight. During this time three more mills came into being Randleman Hosiery Mills, Plaidville Mills, and Marie Antoinette, Randleman Hosiery was the first hosiery mill in Randolph County.
The High Point, Randleman, Asheboro, and Southern Railroad was completed in July 1889. In its early days the influence of this railroad played an important part in the development of Randleman, and other sections of Randolph County.
The first church to be built in Randleman was the Mt. Lebanon Methodist Church in 1850. In 1855 a Methodist Episcopal Church was organized, called St. Paul. In order that the people on the other side of town could be conveniently served in 1833 Naomi Methodist Church was organized. These two churches merged in 1944, and are now the First Methodist Church. The Bank of Randleman was organized in 1900 with Stanhope Bryant as president, and was consolidated with the Peoples Bank in 1910.
September 5, 1961 moved from old City Hall Building to first floor of the Lions Club building at the corner of the City Parking Lot.