- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Ramsden Bellhouse is a village and civil parish in Essex, England. Since 1974 the village has been in the Billericay area of the district of Basildon.
The River Crouch flows through Ramsden Bellhouse, flowing under Church Road.
In 1934 Ramsden Bellhouse ceased to be a civil parish. Its area was split between South Hanningfield civil parish in Chelmsford Rural District and Great Burstead civil parish in Billericay Urban District.
A Nineteenth Century Description
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Ramsden Bellhouse from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "RAMSDEN-BELLHOUSE, a parish, with a village, in Billericay [registration] district, Essex; adjacent to the river Crouch, 2¾ miles E by S of Billericay, and 4¾ N by W of Pitsea [railway] station. It has a post-office, of the name of Ramsden-Heath, under Ingatestone. Acres: 2,685. Real property: £2,917. Population: 430. Houses: 102. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Stock-Harward, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower and spire."
Categories: Essex, England | Ramsden Bellhouse, Essex, England | Great Burstead, Essex, England | Billericay Rural, Essex, England | South Hanningfield, Essex, England | Chelmsford Rural, Essex, England | Basildon (district), Essex, England
Help fund new features!