Place:Ramsden, Oxfordshire, England

Watchers
NameRamsden
TypeChapelry, Civil parish
Located inOxfordshire, England
See alsoChadlington Hundred, Oxfordshire, Englandancient county division in which it was located
Shipton under Wychwood, Oxfordshire, Englandancient parish of which it was a chapelry
source: Family History Library Catalog

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Ramsden from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"RAMSDEN, a township-chapelry in Shipton-under-Wychwood parish, Oxford; on Akeman-street and in Wychwood forest, 2¾ miles S of Charlbury [railway] station, and 3 ½ N by W of Witney. Post-town: Charlbury, under Enstone. Acres: 902. Real property: £941. Population: 455. Houses: 92. The manor belongs to Lord Churchill. The living is a [perpetual] curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value: not reported. Patron: the Bishop of Oxford. The church was built in 1841. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school."

Research Tips