- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Ramsden from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "RAMSDEN, a township-chapelry in Shipton-under-Wychwood parish, Oxford; on Akeman-street and in Wychwood forest, 2¾ miles S of Charlbury [railway] station, and 3 ½ N by W of Witney. Post-town: Charlbury, under Enstone. Acres: 902. Real property: £941. Population: 455. Houses: 92. The manor belongs to Lord Churchill. The living is a [perpetual] curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value: not reported. Patron: the Bishop of Oxford. The church was built in 1841. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school."