|Name||Marbury cum Quoisley|
|Alt names||Marbury with Quoisley||source: alternate phrasing|
|Marbury-cum-Quoisley||source: alternate spelling|
|Marbury-with-Quoisley||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Marbury||source: village in parish|
|Quoisley||source: village in parish|
|Hollins Lane||source: hamlet in parish|
|Hollyhurst||source: hamlet in parish|
|Marley Green||source: hamlet in parish|
|Willeymoor||source: hamlet in parish|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Wrenbury, Cheshire, England||ancient parish of which it was a township|
|Whitchurch, Shropshire, England||ancient parish of which it was a chapelry|
|Nantwich Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Malpas Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1936|
|Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1936-1974|
|Crewe and Nantwich District, Cheshire, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-2009|
|Cheshire East District, Cheshire, England||district municipality and unitary authority covering the area since 2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Marbury is a small village located in the civil parish of Marbury cum Quoisley, within the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It is administered jointly with the adjacent civil parishes of Norbury (near Nantwich) and Wirswall. The village lies around 3 miles (5 km) northeast of Whitchurch in Shropshire and 7 miles (11 km) southwest of Nantwich in Cheshire. Nearby villages include Malpas and Wrenbury. The civil parish is on the boundary with Shropshire, and also contains the small settlements of Hollins Lane, Marley Green and Quoisley, as well as parts of Hollyhurst and Willeymoor, with a total population of 352.
The area is agricultural, with dairy farming the main industry. A small area in the east of the civil parish is part of the Combermere estate. The civil parish is believed to have been inhabited since the Anglo-Saxon period, and contains many historic buildings, the earliest being the 15th-century St. Michael's Church.
- GENUKI provides the following information
Marbury cum Quoisley was a township in Wrenbury ancient parish in Nantwich Hundred which became a civil parish in 1866. The ancient parish church for the township of Marbury cum Quoisley was St. Margaret's in Wrenbury. St. Michael's Church in Marbury was an ancient chapelry in the ancient parish of Whitchurch in Shropshire. It became the district church for Marbury cum Quoisley in 1870.
The population was 372 in 1801, 355 in 1851, 317 in 1901, 291 in 1951, and 244 in 2001.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Marbury cum Quoisley, Cheshire, England | Wrenbury cum Frith, Cheshire, England | Whitchurch, Shropshire, England | Nantwich Hundred, Cheshire, England | Malpas Rural, Cheshire, England | Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England | Crewe and Nantwich District, Cheshire, England | Cheshire East District, Cheshire, England