Place:Quedgeley, Gloucestershire, England

Watchers


NameQuedgeley
TypeUnknown
Located inGloucestershire, England
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Quedgeley is a suburb of Gloucester, England, situated southwest of the city. It is the only civil parish within the city and has a population of 94,200.

The parish church is St James and is known to have been established before 1137. The octagonal font has panels of gold, coloured tessarae, and blue forest stone. The font is 12th century but was a donation by the then Rev'd Winstone Hayward for the re-opening of the church in 1857. While the present-day structure's tower and south aisle are medieval in origin, the remainder of the church is an 1856 restoration by Henry Woodyer in what is considered Victorian Gothic style.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Quedgeley. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.