|Alt names||Potitone||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 53|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Wirral (hundred), Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was situated|
|Wirral Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part|
|Wirral Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1933|
|Chester Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was a part 1933-1974|
|Chester City (borough), Cheshire, England||district municipality which it joined in 1974|
|Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, England||unitary authority of which it was a part since 2009|
|Burton, Cheshire, England||ancient parish in which it was located|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Puddington was a township in the ancient parish of Burton, in the Wirral hundred. Puddington became a civil parish in 1866.
It included the hamlets of Benty Heys, Croxton Wood and parts of the hamlets of Badger's Rake and Two Mills. The population was 139 in 1801, 176 in 1851, 126 in 1901, and 410 in 1951. In 2001 the village of Puddington had 325 inhabitants. (source:Wikipedia)
It was part of the Wirral Rural District from 1894 until 1933. In 1933 it was transferred to Chester Rural District.
In the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974 Chester Rural District became part of City of Chester district municipality. In 2009 the district municipality became part of the unitary authority of Chester West and Chester which covered the entire west side of the ceremonial county of Cheshire.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Wirral (hundred), Cheshire, England | Wirral Registration District, Cheshire, England | Wirral Rural, Cheshire, England | Chester Rural, Cheshire, England | Chester City (borough), Cheshire, England | Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, England | Burton, Cheshire, England | Puddington, Cheshire, England