|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Colemore, Hampshire, England||parish of which it was a chapelry|
|Barton Stacey Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located until 1834|
|East Meon Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located after 1834|
|Petersfield Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Colemore and Priors Dean, Hampshire, England||civil parish of which it was part 1932-1974|
|East Hampshire District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Priors Dean is a hamlet in the Hampshire Downs about 3 miles (5 km) west of Liss and about 4 miles (6.4 km) north of Petersfield, Hampshire, England. It is part of the non-metropolitan district of East Hampshire. Since 1932 Priors Dean and Colemore, the parish to the west, have been in a single civil parish of Colemore and Priors Dean.
Priors Dean was originally a chapelry to the rectory of Colemore.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4, chapter on Priors Dean.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Priors Dean, Hampshire, England | Barton Stacey Hundred, Hampshire, England | Colemore, Hampshire, England | East Meon Hundred, Hampshire, England | Petersfield Rural, Hampshire, England | Colemore and Priors Dean, Hampshire, England | East Hampshire District, Hampshire, England