|Name||Preston (near Ledbury)|
|Located in||Gloucestershire, England|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Preston (near Ledbury) from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "PRESTON, a parish in Newent district, Gloucester; adjacent to Herefordshire, 3 miles S W of Ledbury [railway] station. Post-town, Ledbury. Acres: 884. Real property: £1,227. Population: 78. Houses: 13. Nearly all the property is held-by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £140. Patron, the Bishop of [Gloucester and Bristol]. The church has a Saxon doorway."
Wikipedia describes Preston as being in the Forest of Dean, but does not have an article on the village.