Preston Deanery is a hamlet in the civil parish of Hackleton in the South Northamptonshire District of Northamptonshire, England. It is 4 miles (6 km) south of Northampton town centre and 1.5 miles (2 km) by road to the M1 London to Yorkshire motorway junction 15. It lies just off the B526 road (former A50) from Northampton to Newport Pagnell, between Hackleton and Wootton, a former village which has become now a suburb of Northampton.
It was abolished as a separate parish in 1935. The 1801 census showed a population of 70. The current population estimate is 51.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Preston Deanery.
These two maps show the boundaries of the individual civil parishes in the county in 1900 and in 1944. Comparing the two on a local level allows one to understand the alterations (should there be any) which occurred during the interim period which are noted in the text above.