Prescote is a hamlet and civil parish about 4 miles (6.4 km) north of Banbury in Oxfordshire, England. Its boundaries are the River Cherwell in the southeast, a tributary of the Cherwell called Highfurlong Brook in the west, and Oxfordshire's boundary with Northamptonshire in the northeast. The population in the 2001 UK census was 16.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Prescote. A review of the ownership of land through the centuries.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Prescote from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72: