- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Prescott from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
"PRESCOT, an extra-parochial tract in Winchcomb district, Gloucester; 2½ miles W of Winchcomb. Acres: 430. Real property: £951. Population: 63. Houses: 12. The manor belongs to the Earl of Ellenborough."
Prescott was in Winchcombe Rural District from 1894 until 1935, then in Cheltenham Rural District until 1974, and since 1974 in the Tewkesbury District or Borough.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- Prescott in A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 6/Tewkesbury hundred in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county
Categories: Gloucestershire, England | Tewkesbury (hundred), Gloucestershire, England | Prescott, Gloucestershire, England | Winchcombe Rural, Gloucestershire, England | Cheltenham Rural, Gloucestershire, England | Tewkesbury (district), Gloucestershire, England | Winchcombe Registration District, Gloucestershire, England | Cheltenham Registration District, Gloucestershire, England | Gloucestershire Registration District, Gloucestershire, England