Place:Portmeirion, Gwynedd, Wales

Watchers


NamePortmeirion
TypeVillage
Coordinates52.9°N 4.1°W
Located inGwynedd, Wales
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Portmeirion is a popular tourist village in Gwynedd, North Wales. It was designed and built by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis between 1925 and 1975 in the style of an Italian village, and is now owned by a charitable trust.

The village is located in the community of Penrhyndeudraeth, on the estuary of the River Dwyryd, south east of Porthmadog, and from the railway station at Minffordd, which is served by both the narrow gauge Ffestiniog Railway and Arriva Trains Wales (Cambrian Line).

Portmeirion has served as the location for numerous films and television shows, most famously serving as "The Village" in the 1960s television show The Prisoner.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Portmeirion. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.