Pollock is a small town in Grant Parish, Louisiana, United States. It is part of the Alexandria, Louisiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 376 at the 2000 census. Pollock and southern Grant Parish have been booming in recent years with residential and business growth. The population of Pollock has increased drastically since the last census as a result of the annexation of the land surrounding a federal prison, the United States Penitentiary, Pollock.
The town proper that sprang up in 1892, around the sawmill was named Pollock in honor of the manager of the Big Creek Sawmill and Lumber Company, Captain James W. Pollock.
In 2013, the Pollock Town Hall relocated to the historic Foster house, built in 1913 and donated to the town by its owners, an arrangement devised by Mayor Jerome Scott. The municipal building is located off Louisiana Highway 8 West and across from a public park.