Pollington is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) south-west of the town of Snaith and 1 mile (1.6 km) south of the M62 motorway. It lies on the north bank of the Aire and Calder Navigation.
According to the 2011 UK census, Pollington parish had a population of 966, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 939.
Pollington parish was part of the Goole Rural District in the West Riding of Yorkshire from 1894 to 1974, then in Boothferry district of Humberside until 1996. Historically, Pollington was in the ecclesiastical parish of Snaith in the wapentake of Osgoldcross.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.