Poe is an unincorporated place in Montville Township, Medina County, Ohio, and is located at about the crossroads of Poe Road and Wadsworth Road (Route 57). A post office was established on 12 March 1860 and discontinued on 30 Nov. 1909. Poe was was named after the Rev. Adam Poe, who was the presiding elder of the district at that time.
The Poe United Methodist Church remains an active church. By 1830, the Methodist Church began to meet at the old school house, and construction of a church did not begin until 1844. In 1970, an old school bell was mounted in the belfry of the church.