- source: Family History Library Catalog
Pilsgate is a hamlet in Northamptonshire. Historically it was part of the parish of Barnack, but in 1866 it became a civil parish in its own right, having already been treated as a separate parish for the purposes of the 1851 and 1861 censuses. However, Pilsgate's independence was short-lived, with the civil parish abolished in 1887 and its territory absorbed back into Barnack parish, where it remains today. There was no church at Pilsgate and baptisms, marriages and burials of Pilsgate residents continued to be at St John the Baptist church in Barnack.