- Philipsburg was a parish in the historical county of Missisquoi.
- Municipal Incorporation: 12 Jan 1846
- In 1999, it merged with and adopted the name of the municipality of Saint-Armand which is located in the Regional County Municipality of Brome-Missisquoi, Montérégie, Québec, Canada.
- "PHILLIPSBURG EAST, originally MISSISQUOI BAY, an incorporated village of Quebec, Missisquoi co., on the east shore of Missisquoi Bay, 2 miles from St. Armand Station. It is a port of entry, and contains 2 churches, 1 high school, 2 carriage factories, 1 telegraph office, 2 stores and 2 hotels. Pop. 500."
- Saint-Philippe (Catholic)
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- ↑ Source:Magnan, Hormisdas. Dictionnaire historique et géographique des paroisses, missions et municipalities de la province de Québec, pg. 628
- ↑ Source:Canada, Quebec. Répertoire Des Municipalités Du Québec
- ↑ Philipburg was likely entered as Phillipsburg East to distinguish it from Phillipsburg (West) in Waterloo County Ontario.
Help fund new features!