St. Ive (Cornish: Sen Iv) is a village and civil parish in south-east Cornwall, England. The village is split into four parts: St Ive Church End, St Ive Cross, St Ive Keason and St Ive Parkfield. The population of the parish was 2,121 in the 2001 UK census.
The parish used to be a large rural area of rolling landscape with wooded valleys and the population was sparse with the largest village being St Ive itself, sited on the A390. The hamlet of Woolston lies to the northwest of St Ive and Pensilva lies on the border with Linkinhorne and St. Cleer parishes. The demography of the parish was radically altered with the mid-Victorian mining boom centred around Caradon Hill. South Caradon Mine situated just over the parish border was at one time the largest and most prosperous copper mine in the world.
St. Ive was part of the Liskeard Rural District from 1894 until 1974.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.