Pendock is a village and civil parish now in the Malvern Hills District of the county of Worcestershire, England, situated about halfway between Tewkesbury and Ledbury. It has a population of over 300.
Pendock was until 1934 in Gloucestershire. Upon the abolition of Tewkesbury Rural District some of the parishes on its northern fringe were transferred to the neighbouring county of Worcestershire. Pendock was among these, and its more recent history has followed that of Worcestershire. This included the sojourn in the short-lived county of Hereford and Worcester during the period 1974-1998. Pendock also had links to Worcestershire in earlier times, being part of Oswaldslow Hundred in Worcestershire.
The prolific nineteenth-century writer on Worcestershire, John Noake, in his 1868 Guide to Worcestershire notes that: "Rev. W. S. Symonds, the eminent geologist, is lord of the manor, patron and incumbent of the living."
Pendock Cross church, also known as The Redeemer Church, was built in 1899 as a temporary mission church but is still in use. It has an outdoor font which is stacked up on bricks.
Online sources which may also be helpful: