Pegswood is a mining village in Northumberland, England, and the site of the former Pegswood Colliery. Pegswood is two miles (3km) east of Morpeth and three miles (5km) west of Ashington, with a population of around 3,280 in the UK census of 2011. Pegswood is on a small hill above the valley in which Morpeth is situated, close to the River Wansbeck and to the river Brocks Burn.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Pegswood from John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles of 1887:
Pegswood became a civil parish in 1866, having previously been a township in the ancient parish of Bothal. It remains a civil parish and does not appear to have absorbed any other former townships.