Overthorpe is a village and modern civil parish in South Northamptonshire District in Northamptonshire, England, about 2 miles (3 km) east of Banbury in Oxfordshire and 1 mile (1.6 km) southeast of junction 11 of the M40 motorway. Overthorpe is in the west of Northamptonshire, and its western boundary forms part of the county boundary with Oxfordshire. The 2001 Census recorded the parish's population as 242.
The Manor House is 17th-century, with a Tudor Revival rear extension that was added about 1930. The village has at least three other 17th-century houses and a 17th- or 18th-century barn.
An open field system of farming prevailed in Overthorpe until the 18th century. Traces of ridge and furrow survive north of the village. Overthorpe used to be part of the parish of Middleton Cheney, but its land tenure was linked with that of Warkworth. Parliament passed a single Inclosure Act for both Overthorpe and Warkworth in 1764.
There is no church in Overthorpe. It is in the Church of England parish of St Mary, Warkworth, whose 14th-century church is mid-way between the two villages. Overthorpe had a nonconformist chapel, but it is now a private house.
NOTE: The writer was unable to find much detail for Overthorpe in other sources than Wikipedia. It would appear to have been overlooked in A Vision of Britain through Time. Boundary maps for 1900 and 1941 do not show it as a separate civil parish; the parish mentioned in Wikipedia must have been drawn up post-1974. Warkworth parish included its church, and baptisms, marriages and burials prior to 1837 might equally be found there as well as at Middleton Cheney. Overthorpe and Warkworth are close enough to the Oxfordshire border that Banbury may also have been a source of early records.